Clinics in Cockermouth and Centre for Psychology and Psychotherapy
65 Warwick Road, Carlisle CA1 1EB
I am an experienced clinician, having practiced in the NHS for 12 years as a Clinical Psychologist in mental health services up until 2016. I worked with people experiencing enduring mental health conditions including depression, anxiety disorders, attachment issues and psychosis. I have also been in private practice providing regular clinics in both Carlisle and West Cumbria since 2014 and I continue to work into the NHS physical health psychology service on a sessional basis with people affected by past trauma and persistent symptoms such as pain and fatigue.
- BSc in Psychology (1998)
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Newcastle (2003)
- MA in Systemic Psychotherapy & Family Therapy (2010)
- Registered as a Practicing Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
I offer psychological assessment and therapy to adults over 16 years of age, as well as working with couples and families. The approaches I use include cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Systemic Psychotherapy such as narrative therapy and solution-focused therapy, eye-movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). As a qualified Family Therapist, the couples and family therapy I offer is collaborative and curious, providing a forum to come together to find solutions using systemic approaches.
I see individuals, couples and families, they present with a range of psychological difficulties and problems. The therapy I provide builds on existing skills and abilities in a process that works towards greater empowerment and change
Clinical consultations are provided in a confidential setting to people who refer themselves and for those who are referred by their doctor, employer, solicitor or insurance company.
I hold clinics at the Centre for Psychology and Psychotherapy, 65 Warwick Road, Carlisle CA1 1EB and at Cockermouth Health Centre, Isel Rd. Cockermouth, CA13 9HT.
- Aversive life experiences and trauma reactions
- Post-traumatic stress (PTSD)
- Adjustment difficulties (e.g. to life changes, loss, physical problems)
- Relationship difficulties
- Attachment issues
- Eating Disorders
- Phobias and avoidance
- Obsessional Compulsive problems (OCD)
- Attachment issues
- Hallucinations, paranoia and psychosis
- Emotional regulation problems, e.g. anger and impulsivity
- Stress and physical health symptoms such as IBS, tension & fatigue
- Living with long term health conditions
- Pain management